My last assignment of the semester.. I decided on trying to tackle the Fine Art Portrait again since I did not do as well as the last time. I think I nailed it this time, other then one difference for the next time, I ended up with an A- on the assignment.
For my final I decided to do a series of flowers that expresses different desires and emotions that we all feel at one time or another in our lives. These are the images I submitted. I received a B+ on this final and with the great advice on how to improve them I am going to rework this series this summer.
I received an A+ on my final portfolio for my digital printing class, He was blown away with the quality of the prints and the quality of my work when it came to color, tone and lighting. Now just to get my portfolio safely shipped back to me. These are the images I submitted for my final.
I had a great photo session today, here are just a few of the images from today.
Last week we had an assignment using an image and making changes to it by digital means. I mainly used the Lightroom program and used a Lightroom preset aging the photo and adding a bit of grain and vignetting.. Turned out really nice which got me an A... One more Assignment to go and my final project grades!
I was asked recently to take the Command Photo at the NSA Northwest Annex where my husband is currently stationed. Though nervous as I was they were all very cooperative and patient. THANK YOU!
Trying out my new Polarizer for my camera that is suppose to deepen blue skies, reduces unwanted reflection on non-metallic surface and saturate colors.
Today I only took pictures of the ocean which I really like the affect it created after small tweaks in Lightroom.
Finally a couple of minutes to blog about the latest grades. The next two weeks will be working on final projects, which I actually have in all four classes this semester. Just three more weeks until Summer Break,, YEAA!!!
My first assignment I am going to talk about was the Commercial or Documentary Photo Shoot. My subject is one that I used in a previous assignment who also volunteered for this one to be photographed with the skin care products by Arbonne that she sells. The teacher thought that this subject was a great spokesperson for this line as she displayed a good attitude, nice smile and great poses with the products. Her only issue was with my black backdrop, she suggested a lighter background, with perhaps windows and set up on a kitchen counter or something even. I received a B+ but the suggestions are helpful.
My second assignment was beauty and character, working with a shy person like me was a little bit of a challenge but I think they turned out well, except for the really harsh lighting we had to deal with being the time of day we did the Photo shoot. I received a B- on this assignment, since I did not have her do a wardrobe change and perhaps changing locations that perhaps showed the viewer the kind of character she was trying to portray would have helped. She said it was really hard to differentiate between the beauty and character portraits.
My third assignment was a group portrait, so I used my kids, fun. I posted before the "outtakes" of our session trying to get the pictures needed for this assignment. I was able to get three good shots, but do enjoy the other images as well as they showed the personalities of my kids really well. I received a B for this assignment, she said she could see the kids didn't look like they were very compliant. yea... just a bit.. She suggested that I should try to put them into ridiculous positions and getting their input, and giving the power and say. If I had given them the power, they would have ran back into the house and left me out there.
This is what happens when I try to ask my kids to help me with a school assignment. unruly, uncooperative, but they had fun, and I got a few pictures that were usable that I could turn in. :) Click on gallery to see the images bigger.
The idea behind this assignment was to construct a scene, with either images captured with the camera that are put together in Photoshop or construct a scene that is photographed. I decided on an easier approach, I have worked with putting together scenes in Photoshop before, but usually with other images that I have acquired elsewhere. Which for this assignment we were not allowed to do. So I decided on a little easier approach, something I have been wanting to try and will retry this summer. I took my subject, my daughter, into the woods and worked with an idea that she was there as perhaps any child wishing on fairies, wondering if they are real, and having the surprise as she finds one and is able to hold it in her hands. I received a B, with a few good suggestions by my teacher I think we are going to approach this idea again this summer and see what we can do to make it better.